After being delayed in Chicago for 4 hours I made it back to Minnesota. A tearfull renunion with Momma and a quick stop at the great Taco Bell for Seven layers of heaven and I am back in Montevideo.
I haven’t been back to America in a year and a half and haven’t spent more than a few days here in two years so needless to say it’s weird.
I watned to write down some of my oberservations:
- People smile a lot here at first I didn’t know what to do but now the smile is back in business.
- A lot of people speak English…really loudly
- The light switches are strange. It took me several times of hitting the wall to remember that I have to actually move the light switch.
- The newspapers are super skinny.
- I love American cereal!
- I also still love 7-layer burritos
- Watching American T.V. rocks.
- I am working on not becoming an introvert becuase the how in your face the American culture is
- I can’t decide if I am taller in America or if things are made for tall people in Europe but everything(door handles/toilets/light switches) are all lower down on the wall.
- I like being home 😉
Call me my cell phone is 651-212-1217
More to come…